I saw this in the Lavender Loft in November. (Yes, I'm still trying to catch up.)
If you want to play along just copy this and then bold the things you've done.
I HAVE….
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band - opened and closed the same night
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped - not for money
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning - on my 29th birthday
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - walked around the base of it. Too crowded to go up top, we didn't have time.
18. Grown my own vegetables - if you count the basil and the 5 tomatoes
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitchhiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb - petted a goat at the zoo, does that count?
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie - auditioned for one
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class - technically yes, I attended one class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching - saw some, too!
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving - see #11
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
you know, some of these are not quite as much fun as others
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square - both before and after it was cleaned up
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book - I've written some things that were published, but not a whole book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - not on your life or theirs either, not even a fish
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life - not unless you count the idiots I broke up with and therefore didn't have to kill
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit - I was on the jury of one
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Ridden an elephant - no, but my sister and my kids have
Of course, there are other things - I've been parasailing, and backpacking, and traveled with dogs, and I can operate a sailboat and a motorcycle. Who decided this was the definitive list? Because you know I have to argue with all these lists. :)
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Things I Have Done, aka The Bucket List
Posted by
Janet
at
10:58 AM
Labels: it's all about me, meme
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
What movie did you audition for? Who got the part instead? Julia Roberts, Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz (I'm honestly drawing a blank on who the big movie stars are right now).
I think a true bucket list is inherently personal, and as you pointed out, are things you should WANT to do. Getting fired? Bouncing a check? Food poisoning? (ack!) Sure, those things have happened to a lot of us, but do we really need to check them off?
So, of the things on this list, what are the ones you would put on your kids' bucket lists - the things you think THEY ought to experience?
I'm sorry, I don't believe you. You really held a praying mantis? Didn't it mind?
That's why it was praying.
(Sorry, Janet. You probably would have said that, but it was just too much for me to resist.)
Some interesting things that you have done, haven't ever tried parasailing but it looks kinda interesting.
Raggy, my dear, you ask hard questions!
I went to a cattle call for extras for the abysmal Steven Seagal movie "Fire Down Below" which was filmed in eastern Kentucky. Technically I guess it wasn't an audition. I was happy afterward I wasn't in it. Appalachia was not portrayed well. As usual.
You've now inspired me to make up a real bucket list - things I want to do that I haven't yet.
Rhea - it was a very brief acquaintance - I was removing him from the inside of my house to the outside.
Suldog, you stole my answer!
Sage, you should try parasailing. The single most peaceful experience I've ever had. And the view is spectacular!
Wait, wait, wait...adopted a child? I know now that I have completely lost my brain cells, because I am not remembering that. Please don't tell me we've exchanged detailed emails about adoption. I'll head for the oven...
I've had this dang thing in draft for ages. Now I can say I saw it here! (If I ever remember to post it.) (And, if remembering to post it, I remember to say I saw it here.)
JCK, no no no, I've only done the things in bold! I had to go back and make sure I hadn't highlighted the wrong thing. You're not crazy. :)
Patois - don't worry about giving me credit, since I got it elsewhere. :)
I am going to have to do this now, because as I quickly glanced over the things on the list, I started getting depressed that I hadn't done more! I agree with you, not a definitive list. We should make our own list, right?
Post a Comment