Saturday, July 19, 2008

Another Random Meme - Or Maybe the Same One

Temperance Girl tagged me for the 7 Random Facts Meme. As I told her, I think I did this once, but it's easier to do it again than try to find the first post. Besides, I need more fodder for my 101 facts.

Here are the Rules, which I will be breaking almost immediately after copying them. (I'm such a rebel.)

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. Well, OK, so I won't break that one, because it's just obvious. You have to write them down in order to break them right? No? Well, never mind then.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. Hmm. How about all of them random AND weird. Ha! I'm living dangerously, people!

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. This is the one I shall break shamelessly.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. See # 3.

Seven Facts About Me

1. I am a bug magnet. I am the only person in the universe for whom Avon's Skin-So-Soft does NOT work as a bug repellant. It only makes them love me more.

2. I do not sit down at the computer to do my writing. For a long time we didn't have a chair and we had the keyboard up high (I would explain the arrangement, but I don't have that much blog space) to keep it out of little hands. Unfortunately, I have not found that this habit helps make my butt any smaller than if I were sitting.

3. I never needed braces in spite of sucking my thumb for eight years.

4. I am 5'6". I have the same inseam as my 6'2" husband.

Editorial comment: This is hard. I may have to break my rule-breaking.

5. I tan very well in spite of having a natural skin tone that is practically translucent and usually reserved for the recently deceased and victims of Dracula. (But I don't anymore, so no lectures, thanks ever so.)

6. I love acting and singing; I hate public speaking and piano recitals.

7. I won an art competition for oil painting in high school. I haven't done any painting since.

{whew}


So, I'm not OFFICIALLY tagging anyone, because most of the folks I read have been blogging long enough to have already done it, and I KNOW some of them have because I read them already. That being said, I would love to see what Suldog would do with this one. Of course, he just did a meme, and I think he may have hurt himself in the process, so we might need to wait awhile. I would also be very interested in what the lovely Que Sarah would come up with.

Just a suggestion. And I've left room so that if anyone would like to be tagged, let me know and I'll put you right on the list.

8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I don't know anybody whom that soft skin stuff works for.

Madge said...

public speaking -- BAD!

Skin-So-Soft -- big scam!!

Suldog said...

OK, I'm a big sucker for tagging. Anyone who thinks so highly of me gets my best effort. Of course, my best effort usually leaves much to be desired, so don't get your hopes up.

Stop by tomorrow.

Unknown said...

woot, another meme! and i'm lovely?!?! *sniff*

Sage said...

I am the opposite from you.. bugs hate me with a vengeance.. I obviously don't taste very nice.

Suldog said...

Did the meme, darlin'. Thanks for the chance at fun!

Anonymous said...

Where do all these memes come from? Surely one of life's mysteries. Perhaps we should start a new one - My 100 Favourite Memes!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy when you do your memes. Bugs love you, huh? And thinking about 6's and how you didn't realize until much later the impact of no airconditioning?

Isn't it so interesting how when we look back, we pick out those things that stand out now, when they didn't, then.....