Ragtop Day has given me this award. Obviously she only knows me by what I post. In real life I would never get this. ;)
But I absolutely love the picture. I suspect the Queen at least would be equally appalled. And possibly some relatives.
So, here’s what you do:
1. Admit that ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you’ve written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. It’s over with, it’s in the past. Remember, you’re a good mom!
2. To remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock!
3. Send this to FIVE other Moms of the Year that deserve forgiveness and a reminder that they, too, are the best moms they can be!!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you’ve selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you!
Answer to Rule #1.
I resent the fact neither of them has ever needed much sleep, even as babies. Very occasionally one of them will sleep through the night (6-7 hours), but not once have both children slept all night long on the same night. I realize that they aren't doing it deliberately to make us crazy (are they?), but it's still pretty hard to take.
2. Seven Things I Love
a. They both have fabulous imaginations, and I love to listen to them act out stories and make up games. They also sing all day long. Every sentence is set to music, including mundane things like "I'm ready for lunch," or "I need to go to the potty."
b. I love being outside with them because they are fascinated by everything and often see things I miss. Dead, brown flowers are still flowers and still beautiful to them.
c. I love reading to them, especially because they both still want to sit in my lap while I read.
d. They like helping me put wet laundry in the dryer, and hang up their own clothes. They also like helping dry and put away the silverware.
e. They're both very creative. They can always find new uses for their things. This afternoon they were using the Tonka helicopter to rescue the Little People zoo animals from the zoo and take them back to the jungle. Two Christmases ago, the Queen strung together her hair bands to decorate the Christmas tree. DeBoy's dinosaurs have tea parties. (When they're not terrorizing the pirate ship, of course.)
f. They can be very thoughtful. They're always making pictures for their grandparents, and insist on calling to make sure they're OK. The other day they wanted their Daddy to make extra biscuits so they'd have some to feed the "poor hungry raccoon." (We haven't actually seen the raccoon in a couple of years, but he might show up, mightn't he?)
g. They take care of each other. Granted, they'll be at each others' throats in a heartbeat, but they'll defend each other staunchly against all and sundry. They are particularly offended on each other's behalf when one is being punished for something.
Rule #3.
Here's where I break down. I really hate the passing of the award part of the award, because many of the folks I read are Moms, and I have learned much about parenting from all of them. And some folks don't really like awards, or don't post them.
So here's what I'm doing. I'm offering the award to the all of the awesome blogging Moms I follow (with the exception of the ones who don't know I exist and the one who gave me this award, since she already has it, and most deservedly so).
Feel free to accept it as you like. If you don't want it, feel free to reject it as well. If you would like to post the nice little picture, but don't want to follow the rules (Patois), you have my permission to do that. (You know, as if you actually needed it.)
Stephanie, Anastasia Beaverhausen, Janet (the Laundress), TXPoppet, Crazed Mom, Janet, Alison, Catherine, Lauri, Janet, Diane, Liv, Karen, Melissa , Motherpie, JCK, Natalie, Ninnie, Old Blue Socks, Kellan, Jen, Melissa, Scribbit, Slouching Mom, Maria, Janet, Mad Hat, Patois, Mrs. G, Shannon
All of these ladies are mothers of children ranging in age from 10 months to 20-somethings. I am learning much from them. Thank you.
________________________________
And I also won two drawings for books!
Thanks to Alison at Homeschooler's Guide to the Galaxy.
You should really check out her website. She offers lots of excellent gardening tips and ideas for being green, as well as being an Usborne books dealer. We have several of these books and the kids love all of them. I'm excited about using this book with the kids as Spring really gets going.And thanks to Patois from Whee! All the Way Home.
This is basically a kid's-eye view of church. My favorite is when he wonders why everyone says, "almonds" whenever the preacher says something. Of course, we may have to actually go to church sometime for it to make any sense to the kids . . .



12 comments:
Oh, good for you, Janet!
Congratulations!Wonderful list for sure.
I will thank you also for thinking of me.....Too sweet you are, smooch!xx♥
Aww, thanks, Janet.
And congrats. on your bounty!
xoxo
I learn so much from you, lady!
Man, I would be entering the lottery if I were you. You're raking it in!!
And those stories of the kids are just adorable. Creativity at its best.
I think reading to kids is one of the most important things a parent/teacher, etc. can do. I read to my niece.
First, thank you! Second, I love your list. And that book? hilarious.
Oh, honey - my heart aches for you on the sleep issue. I have one kid who sleeps a ton, and another who could get by with very little, but we've made lots of progress. Sending zzzzz's your way!
Off to check out the books also!
awww, thanks, love!
i'll try not to let this die a painful death in my meme/award graveyard. (i'm SO bad at follow-through!!!!!!)
Boy, am I ever glad I popped by here today. First, are you telling me the baddest baddest bad thing you can come up with with regard to your mothering is that your kids don't need sleep? I verytrulyhateyou.
Secondly, I love all the wonderful things you do with your kids and the joy you so clearly find with them.
Thirdly, I thank you so very very very much but, yeah, as your shout-out indicated, it's highly unlikely I'll do this because, as we know, I exist only to break every meme and award ever created.
Finally, glad you liked the book. I will forever remember you as the person who won my first -- sure hope it's not only -- giveaway!
Oh this is cool. Thank you. I'll wear it proudly...and I will answer the questions...great blog idea.
:)
I can remember still my mixed feelings about church when I was a child. To walk into the church hall where the adults worshiped always seem like you could not speak in a loud voice. To go in when no adults were there or to walk up into the sanctuary at the front where the minister worked was full of awe. I got to do this as my father, the electrician, who built and installed the fake candles for Christmas, took me with him.
I was 13 when a SS teacher took me out in the hall away from the other students and asked me, "You don't believe a thing I am saying do you?" Yes, I replied reluctantly. To this day I think my mother told him of my grave doubts. It was the last time I went to that church. A few years later I found the church for me, the Unitarian Church . Sadly, there, there was not the same reverence for the building as I remember.
No one would ever have guessed I would become a minister. I have finally come to terms with the fact I will never find the answers to the questions that have haunted me all my life.
Hey! Thanks!
so excited!! xoxo thank you!! and congrats on the books!!
Post a Comment