Every time I post about the Queen's bon mots, she comes out with more. So I'm doing a weekly column. Every Monday will be dedicated to the Queen's and DeBoy's humourous outbursts.
_______________
Last Monday when the Mountain Man got home from work the Queen requested popcorn. Since it would be awhile until dinner, and she had eaten a good lunch, we made some. She got hold of a bite that had a lot of husk in it. She neatly bit the white fluffy part off the next piece and handed the Mountain Man the remainder, saying, "Here Daddy, I'll eat the pop, you eat the corn."
_______________
Later that evening after the kids came in from playing ball with their Daddy, the Queen decided she wanted to wear her Dorothy costume [after having just seen the play Wizard of Oz (future post)]. She has a trunk with costumes for Dorothy, the Wicked Witch, and Glinda. I had been folding clothes and came in to help the Mountain Man find all the pieces. She turned around to me and said, in her most queenly fashion, "Mom, just go do the laundry."
_______________
Wednesday we were outside again and I was pushing the Queen in her swing while DeBoy was hitting balls with his T-Ball set (far and away THE best $12 I've spent in a long time). Then she said, "Mommy, stop my swing a minute. I think I need to scratch my butt."
By all means.
_________________________
Friday I was making cookies and the kids were snacking on the counter and helping by putting colored sprinkles on the cookies. The Queen decided that she needed some sprinkles on her Ritz cracker.
I said, "Ew."
She said, "Yes. Me."
______________________
Tomorrow we will have pictures and an update of the grand ditch/path/flowerbed project of 2008.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Weekly Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




13 comments:
woohoo! i love this part of your blog--how sweet of you to share more.
As they say, "out of the mouths of babes"....I hope you keep doing these. I enjoy having a little chuckle on Monday morning.
The Queen hasn't learned that royalty do not scratch anything, particularly, their butt. Could you imagine her Royal Hinny doing that.
To get the sprinkles to stick on the Ritz she need a little butter on them.
I hope as she get older you will be more than the laundry woman.
kids. are. the. best.
without question.
These are so cute!
My work decided to block your blog and it gives me the warning that it falls under the category of "pornography"......you must have said "boob" or "butt" one too many times, I guess :-)
So cute and so smart of you to write them all down - keep the cute things they say forever. Don't you love that about blogging?!
Have a good evening - Kellan
How do you keep from eating your children? They are so sweet.
Thanks for sharing the pearls that dribble from your queen's mouth. They are delightful. Love ya.
These are FABULOUS! And how old is the Queen? 14? Too fun.
You have a genius there. "I'll eat the pop, you eat the corn." That is a billionaire in the making.
What a wonderful idea! You'll have to carry a notebook around to remember them all! LOL!
Who WOULDN'T want to eat the pop? So funny!
I think it's unamimous, "I'll eat the pop, you eat the corn" takes the cake! The Queen should be a co-creator of the Family Circus cartoon!
Post a Comment