They moved it even earlier!!!!! For a full rant about this subject, go here and here.
And that's all I have to say about that.
Yesterday was the show we put on. The weather wreaked havoc on our rehearsal schedule, but we ended up with 24 kids ages 2-12 participating. That was not including my children. I was iffy on DeBoy, but I thought for sure the Queen would participate because she loves being on stage (wonder where she got that? :) ). But she didn't want to. Which meant the Mountain Man had to leave work at a reasonable hour to pick up the kids while I was in rehearsal (I tried taking them with me a couple of times, but it was a disaster). So he's at work today to try to make up some of the time.
All our kids did really well. I was in great fear that a couple of them would be running all over the place during the show (because that's what they did in every rehearsal), but once I told them that if they left the stage they couldn't come back on it, they behaved fine. :) Once again, I deplore my skills, or lack thereof, as an accompanist, but I don't think too many people noticed except during one song when my little soloist panicked and ran through her line lickety-split without observing timing and such. But in general they seemed to enjoy it and have fun, and we raised a good bit of money for our local Humane Society.
The aftermath of a show is always odd for me. Usually there's a set to dismantle, but in this case, all I had to do was pick up a couple of programs off the floor and take the name tags off chairs. So I went to Taco Bell and sat all by myself and ate a grilled stuft burrito. Then I went home and ready to go back to some semblance of a routine. My house is in deplorable condition and my mother is coming next weekend. Let the panic begin!
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Decompression
Posted by
Janet
at
12:00 PM
Labels: odds and ends, small town living, stupid human tricks, theatre
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Hello. Happy to "see" you again. I guess this was truly "show" and tell.
Glad it went so well. What a bummer that your two went out on strike.
Good luck adjusting to the pitch black that is our mornings now. Go farmers!
It sounds like you had a generally good time :-) Did you tape it or film it, for viewing in later years? Hope so.
I am glad you had a successful time with the children's show.
I am sorry you find changing the clocks frustating. When the US changed the dates to do it, the powers that be in Canada felt we had to have ours changed to the same time. Except in Saskatchewan of course, the farmers there years ago refused to change the clocks. They thought getting up and down with the light of day was just fine for them and their cows.
How is your mother doing? I haven't heard an update for a long time. Or it seems so.
I hate the time change too. Especially this one.
Congratulations for somehow managing to have 24 little ones participating! My mind boggles at the thought.
Our summer time hours have yet to happen, in a week's time. It would be so good if they could all change everywhere on the same day. Too much to hope, I suppose.
Sorry I've been gone for so long. Hospitalized, you know.
Post a Comment