Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday again

I didn't post over the weekend because of various things. Saturday I spent most of the day in the madness of shopping on a Saturday in December. And not finding a lot of what I needed (namely, Baby Doll). I did finish up on stocking stuffers for the kids, and delivered a long-overdue baby gift to a friend. This quest for Baby Doll is making me understand why parents stand in long lines at 4 am to get a popular toy. I'm hoping that our lack of commercial television will spare us from some of that. I would think that no Baby Dolls at all would be better than being in line behind the person who got the last one.

I made my Mom's potato-broccoli soup for dinner, then Scott made fudge and macaroons while DeBoy napped and the Queen and I made her an ice palace from a kit I got at Walmart. Worth every bit of my $4.74. I should actually qualify the potato soup thing. I made what was supposed to be Mom's soup and just wasn't quite. Usually I do a good job with it, but I missed this time.

Yesterday the Mountain Man moved all the furniture around in the dining room (and found a number of toy parts), vacuumed and mopped. Then he put up lights on all the big windows in the living room. I managed to fix a strand we haven't used in a couple of years so he put that up too. We had a strand for the steps, but a couple of the wires had parted company at the plug, so we thought maybe it was a fire hazard. Someday, we'll get the icicle lights up on the eaves. Someday.

We attempted to take pictures of the kids for our Christmas card, but our LED screen is broken so we can no longer see the settings. Most of the pictures came out extra blurry. The Mountain Man figured out how to plug it into the TV so he could adjust the settings. But by then DeBoy was napping and we knew there was no way to get pictures again yesterday. So we're trying again tonight. In the meantime, here are the two cutest, even if they are blurry.

7 comments:

Liv said...

you domestic diva, you! i could use some soup right about now. (i'm whimpering...will you bring some?)

Janet said...

absolutely, we'll be right over. It's easy to make (if it weren't, you wouldn't catch me doing it). Scott usually does the cooking around here.

Ragtop Day said...

I actually kind of like the blurryness, especially in the first photo. It gives it a dreamlike quality!

Scribbit said...

Love those action shots--kisses in action! :)

Janet said...

Oh, I can tell that those pictures would have been perfect! The screen on our digital camera is broken too: it simply displays a big, black crack where my son stepped on it two years ago. Taking pictures around here is always a crap shoot...

JCK said...

You are incredibly domestic, and I'm just jealous! You have probably already thought of this, but...did you try Ebay for the babydoll?

Good luck with the Christmas card. Darling blurry pics!

Janet said...

Kristen, I like the blurryness too. They're starting to grow on me.
Scribbit - they're all action shots, aren't they? They never stop moving!
Janet - that's exactly what our camera looks like. Scott sat down on it while it was in his pocket when we went to the zoo in October.
JCK - I did try ebay, no luck, but the good news, which I'll be reporting later, is that we (actually our niece) found a close approximation.