Several weeks ago, I purchased The Santa Clause 2, about which I have posted before. Ever since then, the Queen has been telling anyone who asks that Santa Claus is bringing her "a baby doll like Carol's in Santa Clause." At first I thought she'd forget about it, but she didn't, so I began the search. This is, of course, a generic baby doll, but it's got a very pretty face, and the roughly 18,743 dolls I've looked at so far are not that pretty. In what I find a rather spectacular failure of marketing, even more so when one considers this is Disney we're talking about, they did not produce a Baby Doll. You can buy Buzz Lightyear in eleventy-thousand varieties, but no Baby Doll. I even ventured into eBay world, a dark and scary place I usually avoid. Nada. So now we have to try to find a baby doll with BROWN eyes that open and close, and I have to learn how to smock in 20 days to make the proper outfit. I can sew, and I've made doll clothes, but I have never smocked. And God only knows what will happen when we don't have the right box to put her in.
As if that weren't enough, the Queen has added another item to her list - the large blonde doll from Babes in Toyland (1961 version). You remember, the one used as a prop during the Worst Love Song of All Time, "You're Just a Toy." It's about 2 1/2 feet tall and has long blonde curly hair.
And knowing my child, if she doesn't get one or both of these items, Christmas Day will dawn cold and ugly, God help us every one.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
The Search Continues
Posted by
Janet
at
7:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
If you can sew, you're leagues ahead. Smocking, no problem. :) Good luck in the quest for Baby Doll.
I feel your pain. My one and only Granddaughter wants a particular doll for Christmas this year also. We made the mistake of giving her an old doll that was her Aunts(late 80's). This doll does nothing except open and close its eyes. Has blond pigtails and a cloth body with vinyl everything else. Now its arms and legs are falling off. Ugh... Every doll we can find does something or is too hard to suit her.
Have you found THE doll yet. I have not found what I am looking for yet.
Post a Comment