Thanks for all the great comments about the pink castle cake. Yes, it does (or would) feed an army. We're still eating on it, and there's no way we're going to finish it. I used 3 cake mixes. 2 square layers, 2 smaller round layers, an even smaller round layer for the top. 2 cupcakes in the front (I was going to do two in the back too, but I ran out of icing). Sugar ice cream cones covered with a thin layer of icing and pink sugar. The icing is your typical buttercream frosting variety. I made 2 batches (so two full pounds of powdered sugar and 1 pound of butter). I used the Wilton colors. I forgot to get candy for the castellations, so I used pink jelly beans. Mary Margaret herself decorated the front door with purple. It had a bit of a leaning problem, so I used straws to hold the layers together. Now that I've done it once, I'm looking forward to doing it again next year (because I think I'll be required to). It would make a great party cake since it's so huge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
this somehow reminds me of when i used one oven proof bowl, 4 cake mixes, and 6 colors of frosting to make the caterpillar cake of destiny for my son.
exhausting. and rewarding!
Just from da' Wizard's perspective......who's in charge up there?
OBVIOUSLY not da' mama!
Are you still the Countess of the Woods, or has that been delegated to a higher authority?
Inquiring Wizards want to know....
O.K., I am on the GROUND now. You made this YOURSELF. Oh, Mommy of Craftpertise...I am in awe and maybe thinking I could do this someday...so much love put into it! You are awesome!
liv, you should post a picture of that cake - you've mentioned it several times - WIlliam would love it for his birthday!
Wizard, the Queen was always above the Countess.
JCK, you absolutely could do it. Believe me, it was more time-consuming than difficult.
Yep, looks like you will have a tradition going now since you've created such a winner.
that cake is ART.
Post a Comment