(I just discovered that I'm listed on the NaBloPoMo blogroll as having signed up for same. I do NOT recall doing this at all, and I can't figure out how to get off the list now! Yikes.)
Are We There Yet? participated in a sort of voluntary meme. If you want to play, you just leave a comment on the post and ask for a letter. Then you list 10 things you love that start with that letter. So I asked for a letter and she gave me the letter L.
1. Linguine. Hey, it's pasta.
2. Lily of the valley
3. Lavender
4. Lilac bushes
5. Laughing
6. Lights on a Christmas tree
7. Lord of the Rings (books and movies)
8. Looking at baby pictures of the kiddos
9. Creme brulée. What? There's an L in that! Oh, fine, never mind. (Anyone know how to get the accent over that first e?) (Edited to add - Thanks Philip, the Alt 130 worked!!!!)
9. Led Zeppelin
10. Lightning bugs
Ha! You thought I was going to say Love, didn't you? It's sort of like using "Breathing" if you've got the letter B. Some things are just obvious.
So if anyone else wants to play, leave me a comment and I'll email you a letter. I'll try to avoid being mean and sending X and Q or something like that (although I can think of a few things for Q . . .).
Monday, November 3, 2008
Today's Post Brought to You By the Letter L
Posted by
Janet
at
1:15 PM
Labels: it's all about me, meme
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




14 comments:
I'm game! (You can send my letter in a comment if you like.) And ditto on 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, and 9.
I'm game to but I don't understand the rules...."splain it to me"....
da'Wizard
I meant to add another "o" to "to"...
da'wizard
I'll play!
You know, we never see lightning bugs here at my house - never! I used to love chasing them when I was a kid!
Have a good week - Kellan
If frustrates me no end that blogger will not print the accents.
é is achieved usually, if you do not have a French keyboard, by holding down the alt. key and typing 130 on the number keyboard. There are other ways but I have a sheet with all the numbers to use for different accents. Accents can be very important. in Spanish the accent can make an all together word.
You could also use the character map under system tools in your programs.
Here is where you can go to learn the alt + code method of printing French accents http://french.about.com/library/bl-accents.htm
The sheet I have is for all possible accents.
You accidental NaBloPoMo'er, you! Welcome to the club, such as it is. I'll look forward to checking you everday.
Creme Brulee sort of does sound "L"-y, doesn't it?
What happened to the rebellion my friend, but I'll happily play this one with you..
Great list! I'm with you on 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and most especially #9!!!
I like this way of doing a meme/tag so send me a letter, please.
OK, I'll take a letter. This is a lot shorter and more fun than other meme's I've seen so I'm game!
I like lavender, laughter, lights and Lord of the Rings too.
Janet, mine will be up tomorrow... tried to do it off the cuff and then noticed there were two #9's in your list.. took me to do it to notice it.
Hope the elections went your way, and the new guy works out well for you all
Can I have a letter please,thank you please?!
Too funny on getting on the nablopomo list unintentionally!
Post a Comment