Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Not Without Honor

Update: Thanks to Cold Spaghetti for the initial nomination for the Just Post award!

So I've received recognition from Australia and Canada recently.

David McMahon of Authorblog, who visits here by way of Suldog, chose my post about my friend as Post of the Day.

Way back in December when I wasn't reading blogs, I received a Just Post award from Mad Hatter Mommy and her lovely crew for two November posts, Everything Is Connected and Something Else For You to Do. This is a pretty big deal. Go to her page and read the other posts and you'll understand that I'm in some very elite company. A belated thank you to the readers for nominating me. I am honored.


Miscellaneous Mum gave me this award:


The Proximidade Award is described as:

‘This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!’

This blog award should be sent to your favorite eight bloggers and they, in turn should forward to eight of their favorites. You should include the text for Proximidade (above) in your announcement blog.

I feel a bit odd accepting an award in a language in which I can only count to 20 (thanks to Sesame Street). And I do not have 8 favorite bloggers. I have 50+ favorite bloggers. That's why they're on my blog roll. So since last week's award was all women, this week I'll play favorites with a few of my lovely gentlemen.

Keith rambling across England in Keith's Ramblings

AC dodging Raindrops in Canada, or snowflakes right now

Phillip Tossing Pebbles in the Stream in Canada

Max who Relaxes and ponders at Clarity 2009

I should also give it to Suldog, because the resulting post would be so hysterical I'd probably hyperventilate, but I just gave him an award not too long ago and I wouldn't want him to get cocky. Although it may be too late.
____________________________

A couple of more funny conversations from the woods:

The Queen: Mama, does the earth spin?
Me: Yes, it turns all the way around once every day.
The Queen: Why don't we roll around?
Me: Gravity holds us down.
The Queen thinks about this for a minute: Where is it?

---------
The Queen: Daddy, when babies are born, they come out of their mommies, right?
The Mountain Man: Right.
The Queen: Why can't they come out of their daddies?
The Mountain Man: Because the daddies couldn't handle it.

13 comments:

Ragtop Day said...

Congratulations on your awards - very much deserved!

And I love, love, love the Mountain Man's response to The Queen! The gravity thing is pretty funny too!

Jen said...

Congrats on the recognition! I have several things to say. First, your husband is a wise man. Second, thank you for the award you gave me - I didn't even know! Third, I'm glad you are back! Fourth, I am sorry about your friend. It is sad when we lose touch with people who meant so much to us at one time. I am redoing my address book, and it was somewhat painful to take names out!

Suldog said...

Thank you for the multiple link love. It is , as always, appreciated. As for not giving me an award, you once again have proven your great intelligence.

Cold Spaghetti said...

Hi There -- I am the one who nominated you for the Just Post -- in particular, I loved how you spoke about mining in the impact in your community. I've taken over the monthly JPs (with another blogger) -- details on our websites -- and I hope you'll keep contributing and look for others to nominate, too! :-)

Relax Max said...

Mountain Man's got that right.

And thank you.

That's Portuguese, btw.

I know practically everything.

Alison Kerr said...

Janet, you are on my favorite bloggers list and you really deserve these awards. Congrats. Do you realize just how much support you provide to others? Many days it's knowing that you will come by, read my blog, and pop up with a comment that keeps me writing. When everyone else who visits me fails to say a word and say thanks when I am pouring my heart out, you bring a ray of sunshine. Sometimes I'm struggling to find the time and self-control to keep blogging, but I have faith that you'll be back and I keep writing. You never take what others do for granted.

And by the way, even when I don't comment, I do come and read every post you put up.

Anonymous said...

Janet, thank you so much for granting me an award for my humble blog. I hope I can continue to livre up to it! The support you give to me is awesome - you somehow manage to find time to comment on all of my posts, and I know you do so with each of your favourite bloggers.

Oh, and by the way, your little gems are once again a delight!

Scribbit said...

Congratulations! You certainly deserve it!

Sage said...

I love MM's answer, that is just too cool and so right!

Out of the mouths of babes...

Glad you are back and blogging.. have missed you

Janet said...

Congrats on the kudos! Well deserved.

And your man is very, very wise. ;)

Anonymous said...

Amen to the "guys not handling it" factoid. We all know it's true.

Anonymous said...

Well, all I can say is Congratuliones, or whatever.

Garnetrose said...

Mountain Man gave a cool response to the queen. *s*