Thursday, November 8, 2007

10 things

I keep seeing these lists called memes (rhymes with dreams) on people's blogs. I haven't been tagged yet, and I'm certainly not going to tag anyone else because I think everybody I read has been tagged on numerous occasions. But I thought it might be fun, and maybe help me to lighten up, as I have promised. Of course, throwing out all this info opens me up to a great deal of abuse from my brother-in-law, but so be it.

10 things I liked as a teenager that I don’t care for now (in no particular order):
1. Talking on the phone
2. high heels
3. makeup (I only wear it onstage and very rarely out in the real world)
4. driving (who knew THAT would get boring?)

5. pepperoni pizza (developed an allergy to pork)
6. Tab (no diet coke back then)
7. trying on clothes

8. roller skating (I'm too old to fall down that much)
9. paint-by-numbers

10. Malls (I used to go every week - if Bath and Body Works were not in the Mall, I'd never go)

10 things I didn’t like as a teenager that I do like now:
1. Elastic waists
2. Going to bed early (if only)
3. Dogs
4. Chinese food (never had it)
5. snakes (well, I'm not afraid of them anymore, now that I know how to identify the poisonous ones)
6. history
7. playing sports (now nobody cares that I'm no good)
8. hiking

9. Coffee
10. camping


10 things I didn’t like as a teen and still don’t like:
1. Arguing or conflict
2. fundamentalists
3. Spiders

4. Running
5. Heights
6. Being told what to do, or that I can’t do something
7. Unpleasant people (see #2)
8. Sweating (see #4)

9. Really cold weather - unless I'm sledding, I'll stay inside thanks
10. My teeth


10 things I liked as a teen and still do:
1. Swimming
2. Roller coasters

3. baking
4. algebra
5. My high school friends

6. Summer
7. puzzles
8. seafood
9. card games
10. CHRISTMAS!!!

2 comments:

Hidden Wizard said...

I wasn't sure if I was the brother-in-law that she spoke of...so I called her.....she informed me she has 4 of us, but I still suspect she thought I'd rag her.....on so I should....if you hang out your laundry in public, I'm gonna take a peak!

Things you liked as a teenager

.....TAB? Wasn't that the drink with Cyclamates that cause brain damage and cancer in laboratory mice? Nuf' said, huh?

Malls....well, we only had a few back then so I'll forgive you on that one....I liked hanging out in them, but I was chick looking....

Things you like now but didn't like as a teenager.....

Elastics waists? What are you telling us, girl?

I can relate to the Chinese Food issue...hell, I didn't have Mexican Food until 1976.

10 things you still don't like.....

Fundamentalists.....no issues there....they make my head hurt and quite frankly they just suck.

Heights? Ok, you got me on this one....haven't I seen you hanging from a rope on rocky cliffs? So tell me, if you fear this, what els do you "fake"....??????

As for spiders...yea, I agree! Anything with more than 2 legs (or no legs at all) ain't right and are obviously the spawn of Satan.

There now...that wasn't so bad, was it?

Keep blogging....only 22 days of stress!

da'Wizard

Jen said...

I used to go to the mall with my friends every weekend in high school! Looking for boys - how strange to think of it now. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!