Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Back to the Future

First of all I have to thank MotherPie for posting about a post from a guy named Johnny Virgil, who may get added to my list when I've read more of his stuff. His commentary is hysterical. What a blast from the past. I was in high school in 1977, and these clothes were all over the place, particularly the cowboy shirts and leisure suits, and lots of the couples wore matching clothes. We had a fairly strict dress code (Girls HAD to wear dresses of a certain length.) so many of my clothes were homemade. Maxi skirts (ankle length) and rugby shirts. Maxi dresses with Frye boots. Man, we were stylin.' Recently some of those things have reappeared in the stores - peasant blouses and such. I swear the manufacturers just put the leftovers in a giant warehouse in 1980 and resurrected the whole lot in 2000, calling it new. Actually our strict dress code probably saved us from being completely in style, thus sparing us the indignity of old school photos in those outfits.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet cheese on a cracker...those pictures bring back memories. And some of them are terrifying.

Anonymous said...

hahaha! Pulling them out of the warehouse. You may be right! Fry boots. Peasant blouses. Oh, I forgot about those.

Brooke Shields in her Calvin Klein jeans.

We wore bandannas...

Thanks for the link ;)

Lauri said...

Those are some very weird clothes.