Friday, November 23, 2007

A Day Off

I'm not posting the last segment of Granddaddy's funeral today, because I think I've depressed everyone. (And thank you for all the kind comments and wishes you have all made and sent our way. I do appreciate it so much.)

So today we're going to throw out a few Queenisms.
Yesterday we were admonishing DeBoy for taking too big a bite of his roll. The Queen says, "I've been known to take big bites."
Today they were getting ready to go outside and she put on her pink coat with her pink shoes, pink tights and pink dress, and announced, "I look so pretty."
We're also trying the potty training thing again. We told her she had to go on the potty before she could eat lunch, because we didn't want her to pee on the chair. "But I WANT to pee on the chair!"

We are cowering inside the house today. I do not shop on the day after Thanksgiving. Usually I don't shop the entire weekend. Unfortunately, the events of the week made me careless and I neglected to replenish the diaper supply as I normally would have. So we'll have to go somewhere tomorrow.

Here are a few pictures. The only food I made was the corn pudding. The Mountain Man made the rest. In the interest of full disclosure, we used Pepperidge Farm cornbread stuffing. If you use this, add seasonings. That's what I get for being lazy. Next time, I make my grandmother's sage and cornbread stuffing as usual. Clockwise from top right: aforementioned stuffing, corn pudding, green beans, sweet potato casserole, yeast rolls, mashed potatoes. Pumpkin pie - canned pumpkin but the crust is from scratch. The Queen and DeBoy in a rare moment of camera shyness.

1 comment:

Hidden Wizard said...

Gee....I believe I'd make Scott help you out more with the cooking. :)