Friday, November 2, 2007

Day 2

Hello and welcome to Day 2. Here the wittiness ends. It's Friday, though. Our nieces are coming to visit today from North Carolina, so I'm sending out travel mercies. This weekend is supposed to be sunny and 60 degrees so I'll be getting about 250 bulbs planted. I'm going to put some around the kids' playhouse and the majority in this flat spot by the driveway (not a lot of flat spots in the 32-acre woods!). We get almost no sun during the summer, but in spring before the trees leaf out we get enough for spring bulbs. We usually have thousands and thousands of white and red trillium. Here's a sample picture to brighten up a November day.

Today we'll be going to storytime at the library, but otherwise I'll be cleaning, er, OK, I knew I couldn't get through that line with a straight face. I'll be getting all the stuff off the guest room bed and cramming it somewhere it doesn't belong, because it's stuff that doesn't have a home anywhere. I will vaccuum up the dog hair (checking very carefully for the whereabouts of the actual dogs to ensure I don't vaccuum up the little one), get the diapers outside in the trash, and take the recycling with me and drop it off before (or after) storytime, depending on when I manage to leave. And I will clean the bathroom for them, which involves the usual routine plus removing approximately 487 toys from the bathtub.
See you tomorrow! Happy blogging.

2 comments:

MLL said...

It seems like every time I vacuum and/or swiffer, I get enough dog hair up to make another dog!

Anonymous said...

The trillium are so gorgeous! My calendar says it's time to plant my spring bulbs, but the thermometer says ha! Well, much as I hate to lose my tulips to planting them too early, I hate leaving the beds empty now the summer goodies are spent. It's all too much of a muddle for a poppet of very little brain. Wishing you a lovely weekend!